Why is Brazil a good market to invest in?
The underlying trends in the world economy are what drive reliable returns from investments and strong economies make for strong property markets. Brazil has grown ever stronger over the last 30 years, initially improving corporate law and controls, revised governance in the public and private sectors and more recently, in the 1980s and 1990s, social and economic policy, to provide a strong democratic marketplace. The outlook for the future looks impressive and offers robust investment opportunities.
An historic moment is upon us - The Brazilian economy has overtaken the UK in size and this has created very attractive opportunities for UK businesses and for UK investors.
- The UK and European economies are in serious difficulties.
- The UK and European property markets are in poor shape and the outlook is very uncertain.
- The Brazilian economy has shown consistent growth for 11 years and looks set to continue.
- The Brazilian residential property market is strong and is looking forward to continued good performance with the Government providing financial support to the tune of US$40bn - to provide good homes for local Brazilians.
- Mortgages only became available to middle market buyers in 2007.
- 97% of Brazilian house owners do not have a mortgage.
Read more in our articles:
T: +44 (0)800 1601 004
Sign up to receive our newsletter
“I’d buy Brazil ... it has the chance 30 years from now being a bigger economic power than China.” Sam Zell, Billionaire Real Estate & Media Baron
“Previously, one bet on Australia as the country of the future; however, Brazil has all the conditions needed for growth and to become an even stronger power.” Jim O’Neill, Goldman Sachs
Facts & Figures
55m Brazilians have moved into the middle class in the last 3 years
Brazil is the world’s largest exporter of beef.